Residential House Construction
- Course Description
• To familiarize with residential home remodeling, addition, and new construction process.
• To avoid most common mistakes by owner‐contractor.
• To avoid pitfalls and legal entanglement in dealing with contractors
- Who Should Take this Course
• Anyone in the construction industry
• Anyone who want to start a business in construction
• Anyone who want to remodel or add on to their own homes
- About the Instructor
Have involved in residential construction for last 15 years. Construction consultancy for homeowners and contractors alike for last 5 years. Currently teaching construction‐ contractor‐ license‐exam prep course. Well versed in traditional and ever evolving new construction techniques. Projects ranged from simple kitchen‐bath remodels to new construction of a 4,000sf Spanish revival. His proudest achievement would have been a little house (700sf), with fully equipped kitchen and bath, that he has single‐handedly (yes, single‐handedly) designed and constructed.
- Course Length
- Course Content
• Planning, design, and permit process
• Remodeling vs. new construction
• Bidding process and home owners’ rights
• The complete construction process
• New construction technique and tooling